Friday, August 13, 2010

Why A Blog?

 Hello, and welcome to "Quest for Truth" 
A blog written by a 20yr. old young lady who loves the Lord with all her heart.
I graduated from a homeschool education two years ago and am currently staying at home serving my parents and Heavenly Father.
The Lord has been working in the hearts of my family in many different areas the past couple years and this blog was born out of a desire to share what He has been teaching me personally.
This past spring as I was contemplating turning 20 this summer, I started a Bible Study on finding God's purpose for my life.  What did He want me doing?  Where did He want me going?  What were my goals in life supposed to be?  What should I be working towards?  How am I going to counter the culture for Christ?  Many more questions like that were running through my mind.
As I worked my way through the Bible seeking verses that would tell me what God's purpose for me was and praying that He would give me direction, I came across this verse in Exodus 9. It says, "But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed."  Wow, "...I have raised you up for this purpose..". Obviously God was making it very clear. "..that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed."  This was such a comfort to me and yet overwhelming.  God made us so that we could see His power.....but also so that His name would be proclaimed.

As I broke this verse apart God started to give me a vision. 
To start with, the first part of the verse said, "..that I might show you my power.."
To me this meant God wants us to know Him and to see His power.  "Well", I thought, "How do I go about getting to know God?"  The answers that came to mind were: Spending time in His Word, meditating on His Word, praying with Him, but most of all, making the time to spend with Him.  
When I spent time in the Scriptures I would see His power.  When I would make the time to spend with Him, I would see His hand at work in my life and in the lives of others.  I could see His power.
As my mind started to pull apart the verse and figure out how to apply this to my life, I realized that God had been preparing me for this point in my life already. (Surprise) :)
By taking apologetics this past year through online classes, God had been teaching me about Himself and showing me His amazing power.  Through learning about the intricacies of the human eye and the other irreducibly complex systems, the fossil record, archaeological findings and so much more, God had been showing me His power.  
It is exciting for me to think about, that if we are here to see His power, than how much more He has in store for us to find out!  

The second part of the verse said, "..and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth."  Again my mind started to pick this new section apart.  "How could I apply this part to my life?"  Well, obviously through witnessing, handing out tracks, living a life that reflects God, those were my first thoughts.  "But how else?" I thought.  "How can I tell others what I am learning about God's power and proclaim His name?"

Have you guessed yet?..... A blog!

My desire with this blog is to give encouragement to believers, write articles that are thought provoking, but most of all give glory to God and show how powerful He is!

As the title of my Blog says, this is a quest for truth.  I want to continue to find new ways that God is showing us His power and to remember the ways He has shown us.  I also want to find answers to the hard questions that are out there, that question God's power.
1 Peter 3:15 says, "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have.  But do this with gentleness and respect,"

Am I prepared to "..give a reason for the hope that you have.."?  Am I ready to proclaim God's power?  I don't think we will ever be fully "prepared", but if we spend the time with God cultivating our relationships, see His power in everything, and begin to prepare ourselves to give a reason, then I would say that we will begin to fulfill our purpose on earth!

My prayer is that God will bless this blog and that all who read it will be blessed as well!


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on your blog! May God bless your desire to know God and make Him known to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your blog is up and running! I am confident it will be an encouragement and meaningful challenge to young ladies and their families. I am eagerly awaiting your posts, particularly ones encouraging the vibrant and vigorous daughter's contribution to the Christian family.

    ReplyDelete