Monday, November 28, 2011

Andre Rieu Concert!!!!!

Hello Everyone!

God is so good! About a month ago I saw an advertisment for an Andre Rieu Concert in our area. (Andre Rieu is a the director of the Johann Strauss Orchestra.)  I checked out the orchestra and Andre at his website (Click here to view it :]) and loved what I saw.  The website had videos of the music that they play and some of the different things they do and I fell in love with it :)  How could I not?  Beautiful, classical music, ladies in ball gowns, men in tuxs and musicians playing with such joy conducted by a laughing, talented director.  What is not to love?..... The prices were a bit high for me, so I hinted to my family that if someday, if it is in the Lord's plans that I court someone, that this type of activity would put me right over the top :]]

I sent an email to a friend letting her know about the website, knowing that she, like me, would love the videos....and that was the end of it.  Or so I thought :]

A few weeks after the email my friend recieved a phone call from a mutual friend that new we were interested in the concert......She had two tickets that were 50% off if we wanted them!!!!! 

What can I say?  We were so excited!! 

The tickets were bought and we planned for a wonderful evening!


All that to say, 'That night was one of the best nights of my life!'  The beauty, music, romance, grandeur, elegance, peace & joy took my breath away.  I don't think I stopped smiling the whole evening. 
Andre kept us laughing throughout the night and yet could bring us the next moment into such a mesmorized state as we listened to the music. 

Music is truly a wonderful gift God has given us!  As the music played I was filled with such intense happiness at being there and yet at the same time overwhelmed with the splendor!

The following pictures are from the concert.  I'm sorry the quality isn't better.  The lighting wasn't that great in there and our camera is not all that fancy ;)  I think the videos turned out the best but for some reason they are not loading onto blogger!  Hopefully you will be able to get a glimpse of what we saw!

Looking in from the entrance.  We sat on the floor on the right, second to last row.  You can't see them in this picture but there were bleachers surrounding the floor.

Looking at the stage from the bleachers on the left.

This picture came out the brightes of them all!

They played the "Snow Waltz" and as they played a blanket of feathers was released and covered the audience.  The next picture will show it better :] 

It was so beautiful!

I'm going to insert a youtube video since my personal videos are not loading. 


This video shows exactly what happened :) Except obviously it was in English and the "snow" was feathers.





I have a short clip of Stephanie Detry playing this piece on my camera but this video does the whole song.  This was definitely one of my favorites!

Of course they played several waltz's.  Andre Rieu is after all, the "King of Waltz's" and during the "Blue Danube Waltz" there were people all over the room waltzing!!  Some of my other favorites were the "Skater Waltz" and "Amazing Grace" with the bagpipes!

One of the peices of music included a shower of colored balloons that I caught a great picture of!


As I said above, 'That was one of the greatest nights I have ever had.'   I hope you enjoyed the pictures and videos!   You can see even more of them at the website I mentioned above.  I especially recommend watching the "Blue Danube"  it is lovely to watch!

When you think about it, isn't it amazing how God gave man a big enough imagination to figure out how to put onto paper, musical notes that would guide people on all different types of instruments, let alone create all the different instruments that we use in todays culture.

God is so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment