Thursday, September 4, 2014

Our focus...True Manhood or True Womanhood?

I have been working my way through the book "Fierce Women" by Kimberley Wagner.  It's been GREAT!  :)  When I originally bought it I thought it was for women, single or married.  As I got into it though, I realized that it was written more for the married women...however, I have been able to apply a lot of what I've learned despite the fact that I am single :)  Relationships need work no matter what form of relationship they are...

As I read through one of the chapters this morning, a couple paragraphs stood out to me that I wanted to share with you. 


“True manhood shows up in daily choices that require character qualities like courage, integrity, perseverance, and self-sacrifice.  It’s  being a man of honor – taking personal responsibility, fulfilling duties, demonstrating valor, and showing a willingness to sacrifice and lead for the greater good.

It is a rock solid strength that forges ahead with the determination to make it through the storm.  True manhood stands guard over loved ones with protective eyes.  It manifests the tenderness of a benevolent heart that seeks to provide for those in need.  But most importantly, knowing his strength is not derived from himself, a true man walks humbly in dependence on the One whose image he bears.  He lives out the gospel by fleshing out the character of his Warrior-Savior.”


As I read that, I realized that those few paragraphs definitely described the young man I hope to marry some day and to be honest, I prayed through this list for that young man...and yet, if that is the type of young man I am looking for...what type of young lady is he looking for?

A young man whose goal and focus in life is to serve God will be looking for a partner in life who will have the same goals and focus...someone who will encourage him to look to God and support his decisions.  Won't he also be looking for someone with the character qualities of courage, integrity, perseverance and self-sacrifice?  Won't he also be looking for a woman of honor, who takes personal responsibility for her actions, fulfills the duties given her to the best of her ability and shows a willingness to sacrifice what is important to her so that Christ will be glorified?  Won't he be looking for a young lady who lives out the gospel by fleshing out the character of her Loving-Savior?

As I finished my devotions these thoughts kept running through my mind?  Whether I ever get married or not, would my character be described as courageous, self-sacrificing, loving, forgiving and full of grace?  As a daughter of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, am I reflecting His character.  Am I following the example that He gave me?

I thought the following quote that I found on Pinterest was so true and appropriate for this post!

 
These are just some thoughts I had and wanted to share them :) 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment