Monday, April 25, 2011

He Lives!

Matthew 28:6 "He is not here; for he is risen"


Can you imagine the joy that filled the women's hearts when they heard that Jesus had risen from the grave?  The overwhelming emotion of happiness that choked Mary's throat when she realized it was Jesus speaking to her in the garden and not a gardener?  What about the disciples when Jesus appeared to them in the upper room?
The women ran to tell the men of Christ's resurrection.  The men traveled to Galilee and prepared for Jesus' arrival. They believed what they had been told and obeyed Jesus' instructions.  They believed and obeyed.

Are we excited that Jesus lives?  Are we telling others of our excitement?  Do we believe Jesus rose from the grave and then obey Him by going into all the world and preaching the gospel?

As I sat in church yesterday for our Easter service and sang the well known hymn "He Lives", I was convicted of the above thoughts.  Am I spreading the good news with intense excitement?  Am I believing and obeying as the women at the tomb and the disciples did?

He Lives
by 
Alfred H. Ackley

I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.

(Chorus)
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.

In all the world around me, I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary, I never will despair;
I know that He is leading thru all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing will come at last.

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?  He lives within my heart.

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him, the help of all who find,
None other is so loving so good and kind.

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives? He lives within my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment