Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Sacrifice

My sister and I will be singing this song on Sunday for the Easter service, with two of our friends.  It is a beautiful song both to the ear as well as to the heart :]   Soon after we heard it on the CD "God Meant if for Good" by the Wilds, we wanted to sing it for Easter.

Here are the lyrics to the song.  I hope you find it as much of a blessing as we did.

I also added a quote at the bottom that I found while I was reading for my "Life of Christ" class.  It meant a lot to me and I wanted to share it with you.

The Sacrifice
by
Darcy Stanley

"The sacrifice, a spotless lamb, was God's command.
This offering continually made.
Yet there would come one final lamb from God's own hand.
 All glory to the lamb that was slain.
  
Nailed to the cross He died willingly, bearing the weight of man's sin.
Full blood atonement at Calvary, Come now for cleansing withing.
The law is satisfied. Our Savior Jesus Christ became the sacrifice.

A crown of thorns, a scarlet robe placed mockingly.
A jeering crownd cried "Crucify!"
Without a word, He bore the stripes in agony,
as sinful man condemned Christ to die.

Nailed to the cross He died willingly, bearing the weight of man's sin.
Full blood atonement at Calvary, Come now for cleansing withing.
The law is satisfied. Our Saviour Jesus Christ became the sacrifice.
The final sacrifice."



"Who delivered up Jesus to die?  Not Judas, for money; not Pilate, for fear; not the Jews, for envy - but the Father for love." ~ Octavious Winslow



No comments:

Post a Comment